When hiring a limo it may seem simple, but it isn’t. You need to ask a lot of questions to find a company that is reliable and honest so you don’t get ripped off.
1. Ask for it in writing – Always ask for a contract. Make sure it describes the limo you chose – make, model, year, color. You can also ask them to send pictures. It should include the rate quoted, and any fuel charges, airport tax, local tax, sales tax parking, tolls, gratuity, etc. Lastly, it should include deposits, cancellation fees and what happens if the limo driver is late or breaks down.
2. Ask for discounts. – Ask about prom specials, night on the town, or city tour specials. Often limo companies have weekday discounts – multiple car discounts, etc. They won’t offer any if you don’t ask.
3. Ask about cancellation Policies Review Cancellation Policy – Cancellations are common. Make sure you ask about it and are clear about the policy in case something should come up and you need to cancel. Remember to get it in writing.
Also, just to be safe, call before pickup to confirm your reservation. You don’t want anything to slip through the cracks.
4. Ask about passenger capacities – Ask them how many seat belts are in the passenger area so you will know the true seating capacity. Make sure you get the right size vehicle for your event. Even if you have to hire a larger vehicle or multiple vehicles. You want to be safe.
5. Ask about overages. – Ask them what happens if you go longer. Some companies will allow you to go over in 30 min increments. Others will charge you for a full hour even if you only use it for 10 mins extra. Some will even charge you their minimum. So for example if you rented the limo for 3 hours because they require a 3 hour minimum, and you go 3 hours and 15 mins – you may get charged for another 3 hours instead of the 15 min overage. Be wise and get the overages clarified.